POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Enabling Photons Causes Non-Hollow Warning : Enabling Photons Causes Non-Hollow Warning Server Time
2 Aug 2024 02:25:58 EDT (-0400)
  Enabling Photons Causes Non-Hollow Warning
From: Chris Meadors
Date: 1 Feb 2005 11:25:00
Message: <web.41ffad06f5296517434cc5cc0@news.povray.org>
In the scene I'm currently playing with the camera is in a room with the
walls, floor and ceiling made of boxes in a union together.  If I don't
have a photons section in my global_settings no warnings are generated.
But when I do add the photons section POV-Ray reports, "Slab Building
Warning: Camera is inside a non-hollow object. Fog and participating media
may not work as expected."

What is the difference with photons or not?  Is there a way to prevent the
warning?  I don't plan on using media in this scene, but I'd still like to
know the cause.